Friday, August 31, 2007

Bad: Promoting the wrong product

I don't understand how, with all the data and information that companies house about their customers, they can't promote the right products.

Recently I received a mailing from Cingular, The New AT&T trying to get me to buy a new phone and upgrade my service. Two years ago I bought a Windows Mobile device from them - haven't upgraded since, love the phone, love the data capability, haven't felt the need to change. But, I would, if the right device came along. I'm sure it's out there, but Cingular, The New AT&T, instead sent me an offer to select from two new RIM (Blackberry) devices.

What the heck? I see two problems here. 1 - AT&T isn't using their data right. 2 - Microsoft's Mobility team isn't partnering with AT&T like they could be

Where does this leave me? Annoyed. Why do I, when I'm ready to upgrade, and they inundate my mailbox and inbox with junk marketing, have to spend the time to research a new phone that's the obvious next step from what I've been happy with for the past two years?

No comments: