Friday, August 31, 2007

Bad: "Our computers are down" is not a good answer

When visiting Walgreens Pharmacy the other day, I had a simple perscription to fill for pre-packaged eye drops. When I got to the counter the clerk blandly greeted me with "Our computers are down".

I passed over my perscription and responded that "this is for a box of pre-packaged drops...does that change things?"

"It'll be an hour, there's 20 people ahead of you."

Geez, if she really couldn't help me, she could have done a much better job of making herself seem less lackadaisical. This is when I really wished I knew of a mom & pop pharmacy that could have taken my info and manually filled my perscription or at a minimum, explained the situation with a smile and a little empathy for turning what should have been a very simple request into two trips and over an hour of my time in order to do business with them.

No comments: