Sunday, March 15, 2009

Good: Being Creative to Get Others Working for You

I haven't read the book "43 Things". I don't know what it's about, but I'm promoting it. This is a great example of how a little creativity and planning can go a long way in building awareness.

4 Things that made this an awareness generating machine:
1. Quick, online personality quiz (prey on curiosity)
2. Output results people want to share (contribute to online personality)
3. Very easy to share (unique code to copy and paste into blog post)
4. Ties result output to product (product and link to landing page go everywhere with results)

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm an
Extroverted Creative Self-Knower

Even better? I found the quiz via pure happenstance.
I was scanning headlines in my PageFlakes when a TwitPic of the snow in my neighborhood caught my attention. From the woman's Twitter page, I clicked over to her blog where she had a post, just like the one above but with her results. I was curious so, I took the quiz. Now I'm aware, and so are you.

Beyond using creative, viral tactics to generate awareness, there's a great story with this book - bigger than just selling books, the team behind this is out to change the world for the better. Check it out here.

No comments: